After I discovered a patch or grass covered with buttercups while out walking Bentley, I realised although I’d painted sunflowers and daisies before, I’d never attempted to paint buttercups.
I’ve also been thinking that I haven’t used my Distress Crayons much and wondered just how easy it would be to use the crayons to create a watercolour painting of the buttercups. This is the result of my experiment. Click the image below to watch my process.
I’ve never had a lesson in watercolour painting so I know my attempt is naive but I enjoyed the process, even if the Distress Crayons aren’t the best medium for the job.