Experiments in watercolour painting with Distress Crayons

IMG_4306

After I discovered a patch or grass covered with buttercups while out walking Bentley, I realised although I’d painted sunflowers and daisies before, I’d never attempted to paint buttercups.

I’ve also been thinking that I haven’t used my Distress Crayons much and wondered just how easy it would be to use the crayons to create a watercolour painting of the buttercups. This is the result of my experiment. Click the image below to watch my process.

butterthumb

I’ve never had a lesson in watercolour painting so I know my attempt is naive but I enjoyed the process, even if the Distress Crayons aren’t the best medium for the job.

Signature

Advertisements

One thought on “Experiments in watercolour painting with Distress Crayons

  1. Laura (PA Pict) says:

    I think you did a great job. I immediately recognized the flowers depicted as being buttercups and I think the whole piece is fresh and summery. I’ve heard very mixed reviews – mostly negative actually – about the distress crayons. You seem to have found them an effective medium though.

    Liked by 1 person

I'd love to read your comments...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s